[DWJ] Urgent request for suggestions

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Sat Dec 9 18:05:52 EST 2006

Everything we encountered by Rosemary Wells found great favour with
my two (and me) - her sense of humour seems to match ours.  Ditto
with Russell & Lillian Hoban's Frances books.  And Madeleine too, of
course.  Also love The Three Little Wolves & the Big Bad Pig from
your list - and Ferdinand.  And Orlando, the Marmalade Cat books,
like Dorian!  The Sailor Dog or Mister Dog...  Margaret Mahy's 17
Kings and 42 Elephants has such a wonderful rhythm, it was another
big hit.

Maybe The Giving Tree so one class worth's at least will come to see
that its Badness, or would it be too much closeness, even in a good
cause?

Hallie