[DWJ] The Giant Under the Snow

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Thu Aug 31 17:46:01 EDT 2006

In <20060831154720.51124.qmail at web86005.mail.ird.yahoo.com>, Charles Butler wrote:

>I don't know if it did more than respectably well when it was first
>published in '60s, but as for the Garner connection, I'm pretty sure AG
>gave it a positive review in *The Times* (and he wasn't/isn't one to
>give positive reviews lightly). More than that I can't say, not having
>read it - but I shall look out for it now it's back in print.

If I happen to come across my [Puffin?] copy you may have it.  I think I
must have read the thing half-a-dozen times because people told me how
great it was, and each time I realised I had read it before and simply
not remembered it at all.  If I could remember anything about it I might
be able to work out why this might be, but I can't so I can't.

Minnow