[DWJ] The Giant Under the Snow

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Wed Aug 30 22:26:01 EDT 2006

I guess this is OT, except that this seems like a likely bunch of people to
have read John Gordon¹s The Giant Under the Snow. It¹s recently been
reissued by Orion Books and I¹m wondering if anyone (Charlie, perhaps) knows
anything about its ³heritage². That is, was it a popular book of its time?
How might it fit in with work by Alan Garner, Peter Dickinson and even DWJ
herself (the whole Ancient Magics of Britain thing reminds me of both)?

I¹m really enjoying it. I have no idea if I ever read it as a child‹it is
exactly the sort of book I would have loved, and it certainly has a familiar
air, but I am not sure I ever did actually read it.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Judith

--
Judith Ridge