[DWJ] Wire in the Blood (Hexwood spoilers)

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Wed Aug 30 07:50:00 EDT 2006

Charlie, replying to Elizabeth:

> > I love that DWJ isn't graphic. I take a lot of evil characters and
> > dastardly deeds as long as it doesn't get too much into blood and
> > pain and suchlike.
>
>   It's certainly not a DWJ characteristic. I did feel that way about a
> certain scene in Hexwood, though. I almost had to look away - but of
> course it's hard to read like that.

There are one or two scenes in Hexwood like that.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Particularly when Hume happens upon Harrisoun's body.

But the really, really gruesome scene - the fate of Kessalta - is left
entirely to our imagination.

I too like the way that DWJ deliberately doesn't describe things,
despite being an absolute master of descriptive writing.  I think its
related to the way I would always rather read a book than watch telly.
our prior permission is prohibited.

represent those of the E.ON Group.

Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432