[DWJ] Nettles (was Re: Buttons? was Cinderella Graph)

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Aug 23 12:07:07 EDT 2006

> They are very useful to insects, I gather, plus you can eat them and
> make clothes out of them... it's no use, they are evil stinging fings,
> sorry.

Around here, we are having 'a bad season for nettles' in that they don't
sting on the first few attempts to identify them. If you're trying to be
sure you've got the right ones, this is somewhat frustrating and leads
to standing along the roadside muttering to a nettle plant, "Sting, damn
you! I know you can...." (Even in the Society for Creative Anachronism
this raises eyebrows...)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net