[DWJ] Re: Buttons? was Cinderella Graph

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Wed Aug 23 06:04:47 EDT 2006

Paul, quoting Elizabeth:

> > sort of a Diana Galbadon view of history, in which
> -snip spoiler-
>

> *sigh*
>
> Not that I think you did it deliberately, but why couldn't you have
> made that observation a couple of months ago, *before* I read
> 'Outlander'?

Ditto - I finished "Cross Stitch" last night...

I think it was in Ben Bova's "Cyberbooks" that someone senior at the
publishing house says (words to the effect of) "Where's the rape scene?
You can't have a historical novel without a rape scene!"

Cyberbooks has so many publishing industry in-jokes that go over my
head.  But I did like the way that Bova had a detective named Moriarty
investigating the murder of someone named Marple...

Philip.

PS a propos another branch of this thread, I once read that nettles were
introduced to the British Isles by the Romans, who cultivated them for
their fibres.  I've often wondered how easy it would be to cultivate
nettles to make paper, given that the best paper is made not from wood
but from cloth residues...
our prior permission is prohibited.

represent those of the E.ON Group.

Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432