[DWJ] Re: Buttons

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Wed Aug 23 01:20:24 EDT 2006

Actually something very like that is the solution to Nicholas Stuart Grey's
play "The Other Cinderella".

That one spins off from the panto version (I assume. We don't get panto this
side of the pond) wherein Cinderella is a spoiled brat, the stepmother was her
mother's best friend and the stepsisters are very nice girls who don't know
what to do with her.

The eldest marries the prince. (The shoe fits everybody, btw) Ella decides
she prefers Barney, her father's servant. The Demon King makes a match with the
fairy godmother.