[DWJ] Feeling sorry for Penelope (was Fire and Hemlock Question)

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Tue Aug 22 17:44:19 EDT 2006

Irina replied to me...

> On Tuesday 22 August 2006 20:34, Dorian E. Gray wrote:
>
>> just as I always get annoyed when the Beast in "Beauty and the
>> Beast" turns into a prince).
>
> That's the redeeming feature of Mercedes Lackey's _The Fire Rose_: the
> beast stays a beast. And they still marry.

Yes, that's one of the things I like about that book.  (That, and the
setting detail.  Lackey is very good at giving you a feel for how her
characters live.)

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net
www.livejournal.com/users/dorianegray

"I will not trust you, I,
Nor longer stay in your curst company.
Your hands than mine are quicker for a fray;
My legs are longer though to run away."
-Wm. Shakespeare, "A Midsummer Night's Dream"