[DWJ] Cinderella Graph

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Mon Aug 21 04:25:00 EDT 2006

Sally explained:

> A Cinderella Graph is a method of teaching plotting. It looks at story

Plotting the graph helps them plot the story?  How appropriate.

> If you look at the Cinderella graph, 3,6,2,7,9,1,10, it echoes the
> shape of most modern romance novels and a lot of mysteries and
> detective stories.

I think the thing that really put me off the "Mordant's Need" books by
Donaldson was the way the graph went up and down, up and down, without
the plot making appreciable progress.  I wish I'd had the notion of your
graph to give me a handle on this.  I think at the time I saw it in
terms of tension being put on and relieved.

Philip.
our prior permission is prohibited.

represent those of the E.ON Group.

Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432