[DWJ] Where I am on Pratchett

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Sat Aug 19 22:01:04 EDT 2006

On Aug 19, 2006, at 6:44 PM, Ian W. Riddell wrote:

> This may be more than you all want to know.

<massive snippage>

> And now I'm halfway through "Mort" and loving it.
>
> blessings
>
> widdy

It's not more than _I_ wanted to know.  I'm so glad you
have entered the ranks of Pratchettry.  It's such a wonderful
place to be.

And I envy having all those books to read for the first time.

Unsolicited recommendation:

Go on in order from here.  Although _Equal Rites_ has the
first appearance of Granny Weatherwax, she is nothing like
the fully-developed person you see briefly in the Tiffany Aching
books.   You can go back later when you're desperate for
more words from the Master, not matter how early.

I got my addiction for Bujold from this list as well.  And for
Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle.

In America, anybody can be president.  That's
one of the risks you take.

                                - Adlai Stevenson