[DWJ] Feeling sorry for Penelope (was Fire and Hemlock Question)

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Fri Aug 18 03:44:32 EDT 2006

Sally remarked:

> I use a Cinderella Graph to teach plotting to kids... but caution that
> she's a very oldfashioned protagonist. Her virtue is seen in cheerful
> acceptance and goodness, whereas by our standards she's reactive, not
> proactive.

OK, I'll take the bait.  What on earth is a Cinderella Graph?  And how
do you plot such a graph, anyway?  (Always assuming that is what you
meant by plotting, which I doubt...)

I think of Cinderella as a "This couldn't really be happening to me"
character.  She doesn't ask for more, doesn't leave her name with the
prince, etc., because she doesn't believe it's real.  The old-fashioned
class-consciousness in the tale merely strengthens the feeling of
unreality, or at best, once-in-a-lifetime fling.

Philip.
our prior permission is prohibited.

represent those of the E.ON Group.

Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432