[DWJ] Why does Christopher travel withthegypsiesinCF?(mildspoilers)

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Aug 14 05:09:02 EDT 2006

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006, Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) wrote:

> [...]

[and rather less mild spoilers for 'LoCC']

> > > "Miss Rosalie [...] behaved as if she was a witch. But she
> > > wasn't. As she shut the front door, she made brisk gestures as
> > > if she were setting wards of safety on it. But it was Mr Roberts
> > > who really set the wards."

> I'd assumed this was because Rosalie was one of the castle staff who
> got caught by Ralph with one of his imported weapons, and
> de-magicked.

Interesting point. I'd always assumed that after Ralph's defeat, a way
was found to give them all their powers back. (And that this
paragraph, like much of what is said about Miss Rosalie and Mordecai
in 'Stealer of Souls', was teasing for A Story Yet To Be Told.)

> Whereas Mordecai (Tacroy) Roberts was imprisoned elsewhere in the
> castle, and escaped.  ISTR that Christopher, Millie and Gabriel also
> escaped, possibly because enchanters are strong enough not to be
> affected by the weapon.

I think it was just that they managed to avoid being hit with the
weapon, but I don't recall for sure.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."