[DWJ] Why does Christopher travel with thegypsiesinCF?(mildspoilers)

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sat Aug 12 00:55:28 EDT 2006

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, Ika Willis wrote:

> (this response has mild spoilers also for 'Stealer of Souls')

> This might clarify something I've always been puzzled by in 'Stealer
> of Souls', where - IIRC - Cat notices that Tacroy isn't actually
> doing his own magic: Miss Eulalie (?) is doing it for him.
>
> But now I think of it, it seems very unlikely that having your soul
> restored would *weaken* your magical abilities. Hmm. Okay, I'll
> think about that some more.

Miss Rosalie. And you have it back-to-front:

"Miss Rosalie [...] behaved as if she was a witch. But she wasn't. As
she shut the front door, she made brisk gestures as if she were
setting wards of safety on it. But it was Mr Roberts who really set
the wards."

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."