[DWJ] Rare Book Joy

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sat Aug 5 19:08:27 EDT 2006

> The library here got me a copy of Maddy Again by Pamela Brown on
> interlibrary loan!!
>
> This is the rarest of the Blue Door books.  I hardly ever comes up
> secondhand, and when it does it goes for hundreds and hundreds of
> dollars.  I have never been so tempted to steal a book in my life!  As
> it is I am just happy to read it, I was beginning to think I'd never
> track a copy down.  I'm almost embarassed to admit how much things like
> this were a factor in my decision to live in England for six months :)

I am dying of jealousy! I think I read the second book twice, through
ILL, but the first book is the only one I read consistently (it was in
my middle school library). I was finally able to find the first book via
a used book search. I have been trying to get a copy of Palmer Brown's
_Beyond the Paw-Paw Trees_ and _The Silver Nutmeg_ for years, but the
lowest price I've found them for is $50 (I don't know who is buying
these!) Anyway, I envy you having read the whole series.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net