[DWJ] Rare Book Joy

Emma Comerford emmaco at tpg.com.au
Sat Aug 5 18:49:32 EDT 2006

Excitement shared! Especially as you prompted me to go check the Libraries
Australia website (http://librariesaustralia.nla.gov.au/apps/kss) where
there seem to be more Pamela Brown books than I had heard of. I shall go
chase up why "Maddy Again" is apparently in my library system but does not
appear in the catalogue and also put in some interlibrary loan requests!

There are some books I regret not stealing from libraries, namely those
that end up getting thrown out/sold for $1 when the library decides they
are too old. I would have loved and cherished some of those books! ObDWJ:
This happened to nearly all DWJ books in between me reading them in the
early 90s and wanting to re-read them a few years later. They bought them
all again when republished, but that was just LUCKY.

Emma