[DWJ] Howl's dissertation on spells

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 28 03:49:05 EDT 2006

I did a unit on magic in my teacher training (true),
it is my greatest regret that I've never been able to
apply it to the classroom (oh the kids who deserve to
be toads).
The unit was "magic and the millenium" it was one hour
a week for a semester. There was also a unit from the
same lecturer in the second semester on witchcraft
which I also took. This was in Sydney Teacher's
College, now, but not then, part of the University of
Sydney. I understand the courses were offered because
the lecturer was told he had to fill up his timetable
and the college forgot to specify what he had to
lecture on. I'm amazed there were students in any of
the other options as they were all on booring
educational psychology and such like with clearly no
relevence to anything one was likely to encounter in
the classroom. While a subject like "Witchcraft" could
be quite helpful if, as in a nearby school, there is a
student who's official religion is "Witch"

Jon (who is now trying to recall what accent the
lecturer had - don't think it was welsh)

--- "Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale)"