[DWJ] How many Aussies and Where Are We?

Emma Comerford emmaco at tpg.com.au
Wed Apr 26 07:47:29 EDT 2006

At 12:09 PM 26/04/2006, LWilkinson at slv.vic.gov.au wrote:

> > This is looking a bit too far ahead, but next year the Natcon (National
>Con)
> > will be in Melbourne, and Margaret Mahy will be here, among others. I
>wonder
> > if we could manage a small Aussie list meet then?
>
>I was at Continuum! I was on the panel about Young Adult Fiction.
>Unfortunately I had a shocking cold and didn't do much social stuff. Plus
>didn't really know anyone...
>
>I will be there again this year, and I'm pretty sure we (as in my work) are
>doing some kind of partnership thingy with Natcon, because of the YA
>theme... There were meetings... I can't remember.

I was there and you were very articulate for someone with a shocking cold
:) But it was great meeting Roslyn and Kathleen.

Margaret Mahy is enough to draw me to Melbourne, and my rellies down there
are always great to visit. However, my partner and I have been discussing
moving to the UK next year (depending on work prospects) which means I
might be looking for a UK meet instead!

Emma from Brisbane