[DWJ] How many Aussies and Where Are We?

LWilkinson at slv.vic.gov.au LWilkinson at slv.vic.gov.au
Tue Apr 25 22:09:53 EDT 2006

> I'm in Melboure. I had no idea you were here, Lili!
>
> A couple of us Aussies got to meet each other last year at Continuum, and

> that was great fun. But Continuum was proabably so popular because Neil
> Gaiman was there, and I don't know if anyone else is coming to Continuum
> this year...?
>
> This is looking a bit too far ahead, but next year the Natcon (National
Con)
> will be in Melbourne, and Margaret Mahy will be here, among others. I
wonder
> if we could manage a small Aussie list meet then?

I was at Continuum! I was on the panel about Young Adult Fiction.
Unfortunately I had a shocking cold and didn't do much social stuff. Plus
didn't really know anyone...

I will be there again this year, and I'm pretty sure we (as in my work) are
doing some kind of partnership thingy with Natcon, because of the YA
theme... There were meetings... I can't remember.

Lili Wilkinson
Web Project Manager & Event Coordinator
Centre for Youth Literature
State Library of Victoria
328 Swanston Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
PH: 03 86647014
FAX: 03 96394143
http://www.slv.vic.gov.au/readalert/
http://www.slv.vic.gov.au/youthlit/

dwj-bounces at suberic.net wrote on 26/04/2006 12:02:14:

> I'm in Melboure. I had no idea you were here, Lili!
>
> A couple of us Aussies got to meet each other last year at Continuum, and

> that was great fun. But Continuum was proabably so popular because Neil
> Gaiman was there, and I don't know if anyone else is coming to Continuum
> this year...?
>
> This is looking a bit too far ahead, but next year the Natcon (National
Con)
> will be in Melbourne, and Margaret Mahy will be here, among others. I
wonder
> if we could manage a small Aussie list meet then?
>
> Ros
>
> > Um... what the heading says. Can we add our general state/area to this
so
> > I can satisfy my curiosity?
> > Sallyo - NW Tasmania.
> >

> > ODWJM - Just think if DWJ characters all planned to meet somewhere. Who

> > would get along? Who wouldn't? I can see Sophie shaking her head at
Polly