[DWJ] List meet North America?

Tue Apr 25 18:27:41 EDT 2006

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 10:13:22 -0400 (EDT), deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:

>On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, Melissa Proffitt wrote:
>|Where's your June conference?  Too much traveling, or is it close to home?
>|I have an idea.  If we can't make a London trip work, we should really plan
>|a North American meet for this summer.  Why let our overseas friends have
>|all the fun?
>
>Chapel Hill, which I hear is beautiful that time of year.  Lots
>of travelling!
>
>Last time we tried for a North America meet, we couldn't agree on
>a place.  This continent's too darn big!  ...so I vote we all
>descend on Melissa. *g*
>
>Or me.  Everyone can descend on me and my many cats.  (You know,
>we've always been great about keeping politics off list, but part
>of me really wants to take Jacob here into the People's Republic
>of Cambridge, let him loose, and watch the fireworks.  We could
>pass out popcorn.)

I'd like that.  It would be so entertaining, especially if I didn't have to
referee.  I also don't mind if people come to my place, but Salt Lake is
sort of boring without the Olympics.  Of course, there are MANY wild places
for our Pilgrim Parties to wander....

All right, I need excuses not to go to the beach with my annoying in-laws
this year (actually, one in-law in particular) and I think we should plan
this for real and not give up because we live in a really big country.
Let's start with a roll-call of North Americaneriners who are available this
summer, and possible dates.

Melissa Proffitt
(feeling energetic and not entirely sane)