[DWJ] Re: Romances....

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Fri Apr 21 11:04:20 EDT 2006

> > It's odd, because I'm not particularly a _Deep Secret_ fan, but I
> > also have to go with Rupert and Maree.
>
> I can't believe in Rupert and Maree at all, I'm afraid. Friends, yes,
> I can believe in their getting to like each other. Romance, no, I
> never believe it for a second. I'm never quite sure about Howl and
> Sophie, either, though I believe in it as I'm reading at least. It's
> Tom and Polly who get me every time.

Oh.  No, I think Rupert and Maree work very well, but I wouldn't cite them as a favourite.  Mordion and Vierran have a very moving romance, but I think my top slot has to go to Justin and Beatrice, for a conventional couple, with a second slot to Gladys and Lawrence, for an odd couple.

(J and B:  How often can royalty make love matches without ending up in a shocking mésalliance like Lukin?  Good for him for following his heart like that, and I hope he isn't forced off the throne for it like poor old Edward VIII)

The one that I find horribly unconvincing, and doomed to disaster, is Lydda and Harrek.  (I mean griffin Lydda, not fishwife Lydda, of course.)  A worse match even than Al and Milda!  I'm not that convinced about Titus and Isodel, either.

I totally second the comments from I can't now remember whom about Timos and Jaleila, and about Navis and his first wife.

Philip
our prior permission is prohibited.

represent those of the E.ON Group.

Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

E.ON UK Trading Ltd is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority to carry out investment activities.

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432