[DWJ] Opinion sought, and a short report from soujourn in Ireland

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Fri Apr 21 09:57:13 EDT 2006

Ania asked:

> Anyway (I am getting to the original purpose of this post slowly)
> during a visit to a bookshop near Hallie's abode I found two OOP books
> I try to get everyone to read- Downtown by Tappan King and Viido
> Polikarpus (big echoes of Neverwhere- but it was written in 1985!)

Yep!  Downtown is the book I immediately think of when I hear (or read)
the phrase "Urban Fantasy".  I read it from the library years ago, and
forgot authors and title.  The list reminded me a few years ago when I
had an argument with Jacob and/or Melissa about what "Urban Fantasy"
meant.  I think I have a copy now, but not a clue where it is...

I've never read "Neverwhere", though, but a copy of that may be on my
TBR pile.  Not even heard of "The Song of Gail and Fludd".  What's it
like?

Philip.
our prior permission is prohibited.

represent those of the E.ON Group.

Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

E.ON UK Trading Ltd is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority to carry out investment activities.

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432