[DWJ] Romances....

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Apr 20 22:56:19 EDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: dwj-bounces at suberic.net [mailto:dwj-bounces at suberic.net]On Behalf
Of Paul Andinach
Sent: Friday, 21 April 2006 2:35 p.m.
To: Diana Wynne Jones
Subject: Re: [DWJ] Romances....

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, Ian W. Riddell wrote:

> What . . . no Christopher (Chrestomanci) Chant and Millie?

Paul said:
Have we actually *seen* their romance? As far as I can recall, they go
from childhood friends to comfortably married between books.

(I seem to recall, too, that DWJ has admitted in interviews that even
she isn't sure exactly when and how they made the change.)

In 'Conrad's Fate' we are shown that Millie is the most important person in Christopher's life, and he is willing to go to extreme lengths to help her - even though there is no overt romantic interest.

Regards
Elizabeth.