[DWJ] Romances.... species.

sally at sallyodgers.com sally at sallyodgers.com
Thu Apr 20 18:31:42 EDT 2006

Dorian E. Gray writes:

> I do rather like Elda and Flury, too, though their romance is really only
> hinted at.

Hmmm, it is really odd to have romance with human-gened gryphons. A bit like
contemplating the age at which a centaur girl is adult. Her horse half (half
in the one horse/one rabbit way) would be a teenager at 18 months and mature
at 3.... her human half would be an infant. The Koryfon centaurs skip that
problem (or DWJ does) by appearing as teenagers.

Does anyone remember ever reading (30 years back or so) that pygmies mature
faster than the more usual human? Or am I imagining it?

Sallyo

Challenges failed; a failure descried-
Eleven men down- seven over the side.

(Tom Journeyman)