[DWJ] List spin-off

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Tue Apr 18 11:46:50 EDT 2006

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Otter Perry wrote:
|On Apr 18, 2006, at 7:41 AM, deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:
|
|> Sometimes I just want to find all those people who says "The
|> Internet is destructive to community" and show them how my life
|> and the lives of my friends has been enriched by meeting people
|> we'd never have met otherwise.
|
|I met my partner on an e-mail list, although not, I admit, this one.

I met my partner in person, but because we were young,
angst-ridden college students we spent most of our time trying to
avoid each other, communicating only with VMS Send conversations
and posting meaningful weepy song lyrics in our finger plan
files.  At one point he actually changed his to "I thought we
wereb't speaking to each other.  Isn't this cheating?" at which
point I promptly changed mine to a fluffy muppet song or some
such.

*tries desperately to make this on-topic*
*flails*
*changes subject*

Um.  I have a copy of Charmed Life and Archer's Goon on my desk,
since I'm lending them to a co-worker.  Were those good choices
for first intro to someone whose reading tastes I don't know?

I'm also lending a book I reviewed, _Freshman_, to our archivist.
It's a rather biting parody of Yale and the Ivy Leagues, and
mocks the process of cataloguing useless university special
collections.

-deborah
--
I myself have never been able to find out precisely what
feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist