[DWJ] Eastercon

Ding, Kylie (KAM.RIC) Kylie.Ding at us.kline.com
Tue Apr 18 11:32:39 EDT 2006

I went to my first Eastercon over the weekend.  Had an excellent time!
I'd been wanting to go to one ever since reading Deep Secret, so this is
even on topic!  And the con chair has also written a book about DWJ, so
even more on topic!

I won the hall costume competition!!  *bounces happily*

I spent some time hanging out with Minnow and Roger.  Minnow, you are a
wonderful wonderful person!!  (Minnow found the gold ring that I lost
and sat me down and bought me drinks while it was found).

I only wish I could get to the next Eastercon, but I'll be back in Aus
by then.  Due to some serious pressure by the con committee (looks
darkly at Minnow and Roger) I am a pre-supporting member.  I resisted
pressure to buy a full membership.  I think being on another continent
when it's on was a good excuse!  But any list members in the UK or
Europe should definitely consider going.  If it's anything like this one
it will be a lot of fun!  And I may yet upgrade to a supporting
membership when my finances have recovered from this con...

Lovely to hear about Charlie and Hallie!

Byeeee,
Kylie