[DWJ] Opinion sought, and a short report from soujourn in Ireland

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Apr 17 21:35:38 EDT 2006

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006, Anna Zofia Skarzynska wrote:

> And (here at last!) while browsing Amazon for more Miles, I was
> informed that 'readers who shopped for Bujold also bought' books by
> David Weber in the Honor Harrington series. Reviewers rave about
> them and say they are 'darker than Miles'. Can anyone here offer an
> opinion before I go crazy and buy them all?

Dorian's already said what I wanted to say: use the Baen Free Library
to see what they're like before you spend any money on them.

(I read the first one that way, and I don't regret the time spent
reading it, but I feel no desire to read any more, let alone buy any.)

Also: I don't know if 'darker than Miles' is much of a recommendation.
('Deeper characterisation than Miles' would be, if it were true, which
I don't think it is.)

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."