[DWJ] OT - Fetch of Mardy Watt

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Sun Apr 9 10:03:49 EDT 2006

Sally:

>Sort of OT... but ties in with the lists of favourite books. Anyone else
>know books with the elements listed?

Even if we were being so strict as to treat all children's or YA
fantasy books by other authors as necessarily OT, I think the DWJ
quote on the back cover would absolve Mardy.   (For those who don't
have access to a copy - or who didn't spot it, it says 'A wonderfully
creepy story.  You will never see the world in quite the same way
again.')

Catherine Fisher's _Darkhenge_ has a sister in a coma - not
unexplained, but not fully explained by the accident that sent her
into it either, and involving an Unworld.

And there's the F&H 'Hero business' moment in Mardy (homage rather
than anything else), though I can't remember the exact wording atm.

Hallie