[DWJ] Fw: Hans Christian Anderson Award 2006

Roslyn rosgross at bigpond.net.au
Mon Apr 3 21:15:12 EDT 2006

As we've been talking about Mahy, I thought some people might be interested in this, which was forwarded to me yesterday:

CONVERGENCE 2, THE 46TH NATIONAL SCIENCE FICTION CONVENTION

http://www.natcon.org.au/2007

PRESS RELEASE #4 - HAS CHRISTIAN ANDERSON AWARD 2006

Melbourne, 3rd April  2006

MARGARET MAHY wins the HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSON AWARD 2006!!!

The  <http://www.ibby.org/> Hans Christian Anderson Jury of the
International Board on Books for Young People (IBBY) announced that Margaret
Mahy is the winner of the 2006 Hans Christian Anderson Award for Writing.

In other Margaret Mahy news, Maddigan's Quest, the children's television
series based on the Margaret Mahy novel commenced airing on the Nine network
Friday, March 31 at 4.00pm. The half-hour episodes will air weekly from
March 31 to June 23.

Ms Mahy is one of the Guests of Honour at Convergence 2, the Natcon for
2007.  See her and Isobelle Carmody at Convergence 2.

Convergence 2 will be held over the Queens Birthday weekend 8-11 June 2007
at the Rydges Melbourne, in the heart of Melbourne's CBD.  The convention,
based around Young Adult genre fiction, will be aimed at both adults and
younger people who have an interest in science fiction, fantasy or horror -
speculative fiction across all its forms.  The National SF Convention has
been held almost annually since 1952 and is usually held in a different city
each year.  It is the premier event on the Australian SF&F calendar and
awards the Ditmar Awards - the Australian SF Achievement Awards.

Information about Convergence 2 and how to join can be found on the website
<http://www.natcon.org.au/2007> www.natcon.org.au/2007

                                                                 ENDS

Contacts

Allison Barton   <mailto:convergence at natcon.org.au>
convergence at natcon.org.au

Convergence 2, GPO Box 1212, Melbourne   VIC   3001

<http://www.natcon.org.au/2007> www.natcon.org.au/2007