[DWJ] Homeward Bounders' city

Miss Aimee Smith s4028253 at student.uq.edu.au
Mon Sep 19 01:30:09 EDT 2005

On the subject of the location of Jamie's city in
The Homeward Bounders

Heh! And here's me thinking it was set in Sydney. I have no idea why. I
can only think that it reminded me a lot of 'Playing Beatie Bow'. I've
only actually been to Sydney when I was too little to remember anything.
Anyone else see a similarity between the cities? Myself, it's been too
long since I read either of them to justify the comparison...
Something about a bridge and lower class areas and brick. Perhaps I
thought it was set round the time Syd Harbour Bridge was being built?
Strange...
Aimee.