Miyazaki interview

hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Sat Sep 17 02:14:16 EDT 2005

Paul:
> Note that it contains what looks to me like a spoiler (regarding the
> eventual fate of a particular character), although not having seen the
> film yet I'm not entirely certain.

Good point. I miseed that, first time round, perhaps because I was still musing on how DWJ could be sensibly described as a 'Welsh author' (though admittedly 'Essex author' doesn't have the same ring). I also liked the 'Witch of the Wastes' - probably just a Grauniadism, but it suggested a very eco-unfriendly character who delights in thwarting efforts at recycling.

Charlie