[DWJ] ADMIN: new list software

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Sat Sep 17 15:52:28 EDT 2005

The list is now running on a package called mailman, instead of
on the old majordomo package.  What this means to you is

1. There's a spiffy new web interface, at

2. At this interface you can easily switch between digest and
non-digest modes, or, if you'll be going on vaction for a while,
you can set yourself to receive no mail without unsubscribing.

3.  Remember all those lost archives?   Well, they're back (or at
least, everything after mid-1999, which you might recall was our
catastrophic disk failure when we discovered our backups were no
good).  http://www.suberic.net/pipermail/dwj has the archives.
The old links to messages will work for a little while, but I
will be taking them away in a bit, when ...

4. I implement a search functionality for the list, later this
week!  Whee!

If you have *any* problems with the list or archives, please
write directly to me.

-deborah