Homeward Bounders (was Re: Bujold Bibliography in Haiku)

Elizabeth Bentley elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com
Thu Sep 15 13:41:23 EDT 2005

On 14/9/05 23:14, "Colin Fine" <colin at kindness.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> And while I'm on names - what about Ahasuerus? Why does he bear an
> English version of a Latin version of a Hebrew version of a Persian
> name? (The same name that comes to us through Greek as 'Xerxes')

I have only come across this name as the name of the Dowager Duchess's cat
in the Lord Peter Wimsey books.

Any relevance?

EB
Elizabeth Bentley
mailto:elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com

School Librarians Network is a forum where UK school librarians (and MROs
and support staff) can exchange news, views and ideas and give each other
mutual support.