Hallelujah!

shawyer at mail.utexas.edu shawyer at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Sep 7 13:27:30 EDT 2005

Quoting sally at sallyodgers.com:

> It worked. Now, has anyone anything to say about "Conrad's Fate"?
> I found the ending rushed... and if Conrad couldn't stay in a different
> series for more than a few years, why could Millie?

Perhaps because Conrad's world was already so fragile due to the possibilty
fault that Gabriel was being extra-cautious about inter-series travel and
exchange of ideas in order not to cause the collapse of the series? (I read it
a bit like the Earth/Arth situation from SWM.)
But I agree about the ending. The revelation of identities and intervention of
government functionaries seemed a bit too pat, that is, I wanted Conrad,
Christopher and Millie to do more solving of the situation on their own.
Sue