[DWJ] Open to suggestions

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 31 15:48:09 EST 2005

J.E. Powers wrote:

> and yes I am going to do Charlie and the Chocolate
>Factory as my book plus film option.
>
>Robyn
>___________
>
>Speaking of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, who has seen the film with Johnny Depp?  What did you think of it?

Having just read the book again before I went, I was really pleased at
the way the book captured the slighty oddball, slightly nasty tone of
Dahl. I thought the added thing about the dentist father was okay, I
mean, it was the kind of thing Dahl could easily have written. I loved
the art direction, and the oompa loompa.

>I found it amusing but would not take my own children to see it.

Really? Why not? My 5 year old who is quite sensitive about "scary"
movies (Spongebob was too scary, and so was Cinderella) adored it. We
went 3 times.

Robyn