[DWJ] Open to suggestions

Ulrika Isacsson miri at home.se
Mon Oct 31 03:24:45 EST 2005

Robyn Starkey wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I'm teaching literature for young children again in winter semester,
> and I thought I would call for book nominations again. Two specific
> questions: which dwj should I do (bearing in mind the focus is readers
> 8 and under); and have you read any new books for this age group
> (picture books or chapter books) that you thought were fabulous? I'm
> going to do heaps of fairy tales because that's what my 5 year old is
> obsessed with at the moment, and yes I am going to do Charlie and the
> Chocolate Factory as my book plus film option.
>
> Robyn

I'm not sure of how new they are, (and it is possible that I heard of
them here first anyway) but Holly Black and Tony Di Terlizzi writes a
series of chapter books that is quite fun. The Spiderwick chronicles. I
have found three or four so far at the library and I try to remember
checking for more when I'm there. Plot outline: Three children and their
mother move to old family home and find fairies. The children, not the
mother.

I don't remember which dwj you did last time, but if it wasn't Dogsbody
I recommend that.

//Ulrika