[DWJ] Open to suggestions

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Sun Oct 30 15:40:45 EST 2005

On Sunday 30 October 2005 17:31, J.E. Powers wrote:

> Speaking of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, who has seen the film
> with Johnny Depp?  What did you think of it?
>
> I found it amusing but would not take my own children to see it.

I did take my own children to see it, but it was for their tenth
birthday. I wouldn't feel comfortable with letting a child of mine
(can't judge other people's children) see it if she was younger than,
say, nine.

The ten-year-olds in the party (my birthday girls and each one's
best friend) loved it unreservedly; the two people older than that
(their eleven-year-old sister and I) were impressed but found it very
creepy. I don't know whether the creepiness came from the story or from
the way it was worked out; probably from the story itself, because I
remember being creeped out and a little disgusted by the book (read it
in my early teens, threw it against the wall and never wanted to read
it again) in the exact same way.

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 17-Oct-2005