[DWJ] Open to suggestions

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Sun Oct 30 15:02:52 EST 2005

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Robyn Starkey wrote:

|Hi All
|
|I'm teaching literature for young children again in winter semester, and I
|thought I would call for book nominations again. Two specific questions: which
|dwj should I do (bearing in mind the focus is readers 8 and under); and have
|you read any new books for this age group (picture books or chapter books) that
|you thought were fabulous? I'm going to do heaps of fairy tales because that's
|what my 5 year old is obsessed with at the moment, and yes I am going to do
|Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as my book plus film option.

Michael Rosen's Sad Book is a picture book that absolutely
knocked my socks off and makes me cry every time I read it.

Other than that, I'm not sure if I have many ideas; my age range
is mostly the 9-16 range in terms of the books I'm on top of.

-deborah
--
Before everything else I'm a human being.
					- Nora, _A Dolls' House_