[DWJ] DWJ on University Challenge ... and what are people reading?

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Sat Oct 22 08:54:42 EDT 2005

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005, Paul Andinach wrote:

|On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 sally at sallyodgers.com wrote:
|
|> I think I've got all the Madeleine Brents...
|
|Including the one where the heroine successfully navigates the deserts
|of Africa using skills learned in the Australian outback?

I love that one; she rescues the white man at the beginning and
feeds him grubs, and won't wear a shirt!

At some level, I wish the heroine didn't always end up hooking up
with another white guy.  But the one I read as romance addicted
teen (Stormswift) was very freeing to me  -- she'd had sex before
she met the hero, and that was *okay*.  Though not willingly, I
suppose.

|(ObDWJ: Which is also the one where the heroine is sent to a Swiss
|finishing school, from which she subsequently escapes after failing to
|fit in.)

Now I'm trying to imagine Millie eating grubs.

-deborah
--
"I'm a very gentle man, not unlike Gandhi. ... I could kill them
at any moment. But that's really just if they annoy me."