[DWJ] Curse words again

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Wed Oct 19 05:38:25 EDT 2005

Colin wrote:

>I've just been rereading Dogsbody (I haven't read it for a very long
>time) and she did the same sort of thing with the occasional oaths in
>that as we were talking about re Wilkins Tooth. Not so inventively -
>'festering' is one that occurs a few times.

I've got a feeling that was used for a while in Real Life (OMT).  I seem to
remember it as having been around among some Yoof, possibly as something to
do with the Addams Family.  I know the films came out in the early 1990s,
but wasn't the series on British television in the early 1970s or
something, and a bit of a cult?

Minnow