[DWJ] deep secret editions

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Fri Oct 7 13:48:10 EDT 2005

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:
|Is this putative project going to include editions in say Russian, and
|Finnish, and Japanese?  Or will it be confined to English (or American)
|Language Editions, and if so why?

The putative product would include everything, everything,
characters and all.  I still have my DTDs around; I just haven't
worked on this since (*checks archives*)  September 2001.  Hmm.
Guess I got a little distracted, then -- I wonder by what? :P

The idea was to build a huge database with titles, characters,
editions, links to images and reviews, etc, and then make it
open source so anyone can do what they want with the data.  What
*I* would do with the data is auto-generate the book pages for
the website.  It'd be easy enough, if the database contained
isbns, for example, to see if that book was in print and provide
a link to a purchase page.

-deborah
--
I myself have never been able to find out precisely what
feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist