[DWJ] deep secret editions

Kale lskale at ixaxis.net
Fri Oct 7 09:54:33 EDT 2005

The US adult edition is still in print.  The YA edition was published to
bring in the kids, I think.

I was thinking that these expurgated/changed editions should be listed in
the wiki.  From what
I've seen mentioned on the list in the last few years, and not at all sure
I remembered them correctly:

Changes in the YA edition of Deep Secret to make it less adult
Changes in The Ogre Downstairs to make it more modern
Changes in The Tough Guide to Fantasyland involving the art/symbols
Changes in Cart and Cwidder to make it link more with the other Dalemark books
Changes in Wilkin's Tooth/Witch Week to make the cursing more obviously
colorful

Corrections and details welcome.

Apropos of nothing, I was very surprised and impressed by the lovely
creepiness of
the US cover of  "Conrad's Fate," particularly after the purple horror of
"The Merlin
Conspiracy" US cover.  I wonder if it'll look as nice in paperback.

Kale
(currently listening to Pratchett's "Going Postal" in audiobook and adoring
Stephen Briggs' performance)