[DWJ] Re: Curses

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Tue Oct 4 17:55:04 EDT 2005

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 HSchinske at aol.com wrote:

> Uh -- how were they changed? I remember them all being things like "blue" and
> "purple" (which I thought was quite clumsy and didn't like a bit). Was that
> in the US or the British version? I *thought* I had read both!
>
> Helen Schinske

Yup, that's the British version.  The American edition, or, at least the
one where you can "Search Inside the Book" on Amazon, replaces the color
terms with things like "slimeballing," "degutted," "eyeballs-in-salsa,"
"puke-crusted," "brains-in-gravy," "disemboweled," "zombie-burger,"
"slimy-puke," "oozing," "slimy stomach-maggot," "curried-tonsil, "stomach
jicing," "pineapple puking," just to quote from the first few pages on
Amazon on which curses appear.

I LOVE the Amazon search inside the book feature :).

						---Kyra

---
Yam: "Nothing can make either a person or a machine do things which it is
not in their natures to do."
				---Diana Wynne Jones, _Hexwood_