[DWJ] Living Famously

sally at sallyodgers.com sally at sallyodgers.com
Mon Nov 21 17:42:41 EST 2005

I will
>> though, soon. Anyone know what kinds of letters Authors take notice of?

Authors like specific letters rather than general. Judith's right about
"intelligent response" to work... but specific comment (or query) about a
specific book or theme is welcome, along with reasons.

My favourite book is X because...
I find Y your most interesting character, because...

And of course (though DWJers have more sense than this) most authors are
tired unto death of letters asking for info that is easily available... by
reading the &^&^% books!

Other unfavourite questions and comments;

How many books have you wrote?
Your my favourite orthor. I have read (choose two titles from 15 years ago)
 - have you ritten any others?
When are you going to stop writing?
I haven't read any of your books, but please answer these 30 questions by
Thursday.
I liked your book.
You wrote a good book.
(These two only OK for authors of ONE book.)
Your best book is Z (choose first title, written 30 years ago.)

Sallyo.