[DWJ] Living Famously

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Sun Nov 20 20:36:48 EST 2005

On 21/11/05 12:38 PM, "Aimee Smith" <s4028253 at student.uq.edu.au> wrote:

> I don't have any huge claims to fame, unless you count that I have
> Isobelle Carmody's Australian mailing address (she lives half the year
> in Prague) and her permission to write to her about my now
> not-happening honours thesis on the role of houses in fantasy. What's
> bad is that I haven't had the time or guts to write to her yet. I will
> though, soon. Anyone know what kinds of letters Authors take notice of?

The fact that Isobelle gave you her mailing address means she genuinely
would be happy to hear from you. Authors don't give out their addresses
lightly! As to what kind of letters they "take notice of", I would say
anything that shows an intelligent response to their work and a respect for
their person is likely to go down well!

Judith

--
Judith Ridge