[DWJ] New edition of Neverwhere (namedropping, actually!)

Anna Zofia Skarzynska ania at gnomic.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Nov 19 17:30:10 EST 2005

I cannot compete at all with literary namedropping (I even missed the
Bristol DWJ meet); my namedropping is more of the punk rock variety.

I knew Eddie Tenpole (of Tenpole Tudor fame, and earlier he sang Who Killed
Bambi in The Great Rock and Roll Swindle- and later he presented the Crystal
Maze)- he lived in a squat over the road from mine and we used to drink in
the same pub. He was as mad IRL as he was on TV. Delightful chap.

I knew (vaguely), and had a (big) crush on, one of the Crass (Andy, or N. A.
Palmer on record sleeves)

I slept in same bed with the lead singer of the Subhumans. We just slept-
nothing more. Early the next day I went off to Devon and had to put my
housemates out of their misery by sending a postcard telling them that
'nothing happened'

I knew assorted obscure 1980s bands, most notably The Apostles, The Mob and
Blyth Power.

Who? What? I hear you all chorus...

Ania