[DWJ] New edition of Neverwhere

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Fri Nov 18 16:42:06 EST 2005

Minnow said...

> and Dorian remarked
>
>>Ooh, envy!
>
> and then went on with what one newsgroup I once frequented called "knicker
> flashing" of a high order:

Knicker flashing, is it?  You're a fine one to talk, with your oh-so-casual
mentions of "the last time I was driving Neil", etc.  At least my
knicker-flashing is unashamed, rather than some coy flip of the skirt!

>>On the other hand, I've got drunk with Diane Duane and Peter Morwood (and
>>got Diane's recipe for "Death by Chocolate" ice-cream),
>
> I put it to you that with Peter among those present, drunk is likely to be
> what one gets (unless, like me, one is driving people home afterwards).

Certainly it is when the company starts discussing whiskey.  (Diane was not
amused.)

> :-)  Did he start playing the didgeridoo only with no actual didgeridoo in
> his hand?  Profoundly disconcerting for the bar staff, that party trick of
> his.

Not that I recall, but then, I was drunk.

>>spent a fair amount of time
>>hanging out with Rob Holdstock, Kim Newman, and Storm Constantine.
>
> All together, or one at a time?

Yes.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian (off to find some more knickers to flash).
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net
www.livejournal.com/users/dorianegray

"Worst fears realised darling Seth and Rueben too send gumboots."
- Stella Gibbons, "Cold Comfort Farm"