[DWJ] New edition of Neverwhere

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Nov 15 23:41:26 EST 2005

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005, minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

> > I am seriously contemplating founding a Society for the Protection
> > of Authors' Hands.

-snip-
> Atwood is developing a remote book-signing machine that will allow
> readers to get their novels autographed without the author having to
> traipse to bookshops across the globe. The idea occurred to her
> while undertaking gruelling tours with Oryx and Crake last spring.

ISTR Neil has already heard about this and declared that he doesn't
want one, because you still have to sign just as many books (if not
*more*) and you don't get to do any of the fun stuff, like actually
meeting the fans, that makes signing tours worth the trouble.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."