[DWJ] Word game

Juliette Curtis juliette at harvestroad.com
Tue Nov 15 01:54:09 EST 2005

"Rund" must be the past tense of the currency used in South Africa.
Before you pay for an item, its price is, for example, 25 rand. After
you pay for it, its price was 25 rund.

"Roon" means "ruin", when pronounced in a very broad Australian accent.
"Roon" reached the height of its career in "Said Hanrahan" by John O'Brien:
http://www.middlemiss.org/lit/authors/obrienj/poetry/hanrahan.html

Juliette