[DWJ] Word game

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Nov 14 20:21:47 EST 2005

Minnow suggested:
. . . I tripped over the word "rund", defined as "Same as *roon*" by the estimable folk at Chambers.  I
bet *nobody* here knows what that/those mean[s] without looking in Chambers
for themselves!  Does anyone feel like playing "My Word" with it and
providing plausible possibilities?

I see them as two different words.
Rund is 'round' without the 'o', so not *quite* as round - more oblong-ish, I'd say.

roon.  ahh.
r-r-r-oon. Makes me think of Billy Connolly saying it.  Round but flat, as in 'round' meaning a location.  Roon by auld Wullie's hoos, th' noo.

Oh well, I know what I *mean*, even if I can't explain it.

Regards
Elizabeth.