[DWJ] Phoenix award

LWilkinson at slv.vic.gov.au LWilkinson at slv.vic.gov.au
Thu Nov 10 22:09:47 EST 2005

Umm... why does the Children's Literature Association's website say that
Margaret Mahy won??

http://ebbs.english.vt.edu/chla/

And Wikipedia???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Award

Lili Wilkinson
Event Coordinator
Centre for Youth Literature
State Library of Victoria
328 Swanston Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
PH: 03 86647014
FAX: 03 96394143
http://www.slv.vic.gov.au/readalert/
http://www.slv.vic.gov.au/youthlit/

             "Charles Butler"
             <charlescbutler at b
             tinternet.com>                                             To
             Sent by:                  <dwj at suberic.net>
             dwj-bounces at suber                                          cc
             ic.net
                                                                   Subject
                                       [DWJ] Phoenix award
             09/11/2005 06:22

             Please respond to
             Diana Wynne Jones
             <dwj at suberic.net>

I see from my ChLA newsletter that DWJ has won this year's Phoenix Award
(given for books published 20 years ago that didn't receive any awards at
the time) with *Howl*. Margaret Mahy is runner up for *The Tricksters*,
another favourite. Last year the positions were reversed, with Mahy's
*Catalogue of the Universe* pipping *Fire and Hemlock.*

Personally, I think I'd have given it the other way round on both
occasions,
but who's complaining? Two of my favourite writers!

Charlie - who feels like he's been out nine years, but shan't away again.